DIVISION FOUNDATIONAL STATEMENTS
Inspire and engage students for life-long learning.
The Fort McMurray Public School Division is a learning community dedicated to educating all students for personal excellence.
Doing What’s Best For Kids
- We believe in achieving high standards for all students
- We believe parents are partners in student learning
- We believe in safe and caring educational environments
- We believe in developing responsible and productive citizens
- We believe in the development of lifelong learners.
- We believe in inclusive education
- We believe in being accountable for results for student achievement
- We believe in continuous improvement of the professional expertise and competence of our staff.
The Board believes that a standard logo is important for corporate identification and to show unity within the Division.
The Fort McMurray Public School Division logo, which includes the operational name, shall be used for corporate identification and promotional purposes.
The design is to be reminiscent of a blackboard and a computer screen, tools of education past and present. The apple is a traditional symbol of a happy relationship that exists among teachers, children and families. The background colour green symbolizes growth in the educational development of the children fostered by the public education system.
The division continues to use the logo for corporate identification and promotional purposes in a simplified form with the background and colours removed.
February 19, 2020
Section 3, 7, 11, 18, 40, 52, 53, 67 Education Act
Guide to Education ECS to Grade 12
Policy and Requirements for School Board Planning and Reporting
School Authority Planning and Reporting Reference Guide